The Van Wezel Foundation is a nonprofit corporation whose purpose is to create a world-class performing arts center that enriches the community, supports arts education, and inspires young minds.
The Bay (thebaysarasota.org) master plan has been approved by the City of Sarasota. Within that plan sits a brand new performing arts center. The Van Wezel Foundation has begun the first steps to making this dream a reality (www.sarasotaPAC.org).
Join our growing Foundation team of dynamic professionals as we enter a bold new chapter for our community.
JOB TITLE: Foundation Coordinator
POSITION REPORTS TO: CEO
As an important part of the Foundation team, the Foundation Coordinator will support the CEO by managing her daily schedule with regard to meetings with top donors, Foundation Friends, board members, and potential supporters and key stakeholders. This includes planning and execution of quarterly board meetings, meetings of the Executive Committee and other Standing Committees and subcommittees, and providing focused support to the Governance Committee and other fundraising committees.
This position will provide strategic administrative support to the CEO and the Senior Leadership Team as needed. The coordinator should have strong organizational skills, writing/editing skills, project management skills, and be able to work independently as well as collaboratively, using good judgment and discretion. They must exemplify the mission, vision, and values and act in accordance with Van Wezel Foundation policies and procedures.
- Serve as coordinator for all board and committee meetings.
- Work with the CEO and CFO, draft and finalize meeting materials – committee reports, resolutions etc. that support the agenda.
- Serve as administrative support for the CEO, senior leadership, and their teams as needed.
- Plan remote and in-person meetings by compiling agendas, coordinating logistics and materials, inviting guests and taking minutes.
- Prepare briefing materials for the CEO in preparation for meetings (including assisting with the drafting and coordination of solicitation related presentation materials).
- Successfully complete tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Assist in securing appointments and scheduling meetings for CEO, board and board committees.
- Maintain current board and committee documents including the board manual, prospect profiles and pre- and post-meeting information.
- Create donor presentations for meetings with potential supporters.
- Assist Donor Relations with the Friends Society annual giving program with thank you notes, birthday cards, mailings, and other duties as assigned.
- Enter information into Raiser’s Edge donor records as needed.
- Coverage of some evening and weekend special events and other activities, as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings regularly.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, or development preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience working in fast paced mission-driven environment; development office experience a plus.
- Commitment to values of service, integrity and
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse community of influencers, and stakeholders including, Trustees, Civic and business leaders, donors government officials, and volunteers
- Motivated and rewarded by helping others perform at highest levels in service of the organization and its mission.
- Reliable, self-motivated, focused, and able to make thoughtful business decisions with minimal support.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks and handle matters expeditiously and efficiently.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Sound judgement and exceptional boundaries related to confidential information.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook; Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Some evenings and weekends, as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package offered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Fundraising: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
Apply via email to: