Executive Assistant to Vice President of Advancement
Van Wezel Foundation (VWF), (501C3), is currently seeking an Executive Assistant who will be responsible for providing complex and advanced administrative and project support to the Vice President of Advancement. This individual will have the opportunity to support the Vice President, as well as selected committee Chairs, with a variety of assignments requiring creative planning, confidentiality, internal and external communication, and in-depth understanding of the VWF and its mission, vision and values and its various programs and initiatives.
- Manage the calendars of the Vice President of Advancement, provide preparation for all meetings, projects, events, travel, and after-hour events, and keep executives informed of appointments, attendees and purpose of appointments.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with a wide variety of people, and to prioritize tasks and complete tasks independently with little direct supervision. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Commitment to maintain confidentiality with a strong degree of accuracy in donor records
- Assist the Vice President and senior managers in drafting and proofreading correspondence, memos, reports, editorial content, presentations and speeches for internal and external constituencies.
- Review correspondence directed to the Vice President and senior managers and, where appropriate, summarize, draft responses, initiate fact finding and/or refer the matter to the appropriate Foundation official.
- Manage travel schedule of the Vice President of Advancement and provide detailed travel itineraries in advance of travel, and coordinate plans with constituents who require the Vice President’s participation in local and non-local events.
- Maintain working within approved budget. Track revenue & expenditures and prepare expense reports.
- Monitor VWF social media and inform the Vice President of issues of interest or concern.
- Assist the Vice President in preparation for, and follow up, after committee meetings (Strategic & Development/Steering) and general meetings by reviewing and preparing supporting documentation, serving as recording secretary, preparing and maintaining official minutes and
assuring that actions are properly archived, Raisers Edge, and maintaining address lists and all records and documentation.
• This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the Vice President of Advancement, subject to reasonable accommodation.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five to seven years of experience preferably working in a corporate or not for profit environment. Advancement/Development office experience a plus.
• Experience in supporting key executives at the highest administrative levels.
• Ability to acquire and master new technology quickly, and use computer software programs and applications such as MS Office Suite, Raisers Edge/Blackbaud, Constant Contact, and more. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
• This position may require working extended work hours, including evening and weekends, as necessary, to support the Office of Advancement.
BENEFITS: VWF provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; and VWF funded retirement plan contributions.
To Apply: Please email your C.V./resume and cover letter to-
Jim Selinski, MA, CFRE
Vice President of Advancement
The Van Wezel Foundation does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.